The use of vertical video is on the rise as brands compete to create digital stories which are as creative as they are concise. We collectively watch over 10 billion videos per day on Snapchat alone, meaning the audience for brands who master vertical video is vast. With this in mind, it’s unsurprising that the Amphitheatre was full to the rafters when Snapchat came to Sea Containers for Social@Ogilvy’s Social Breakfast on 25th May.
Here are our top five takeaways from the event:
- Targeting millennials: Snapchat is used by over 41% of millennials globally each day, overshadowing conventional social media platforms which only reach 6%.
- People love filters: People use an average of five filters per day and there are currently 400 – 500 million to choose from, so choose wisely. Light touch filters give that ‘moment in time’ feel to longer Snapchat stories.
- Lenses and brand awareness: Lenses are a great way to increase awareness about your brand, mainly because people are sending each other snaps with your brand’s name on them!
- Coca-Cola’s Christmas lens: When Coca-Cola decided to create a Christmas lens it was expected to be viewed 5 - 8 million times per day. It was viewed over 70 million times in just 24 hours.
- Lenses and locations: You can create different lenses for varying geographical locations to see where the footfall of your target audience is greatest. This data can then be used to structure campaigns around areas of high exposure.